WebMD Medical Reference
Breast Cancer: Questions to Ask Your Breast Cancer Doctors
Fully informed patients are often happier with their treatment. To help you get the answers you need, print out these questions to ask your medical oncologist, your surgeon and your radiation oncologist.
- Why are you recommending this therapy?
- Would you recommend this to your mother, spouse, sister or daughter?
- What are the risks?
- Are there other ways to treat the cancer?
- Where do I go for chemotherapy or hormone therapy?
- Will I be able to drive myself home after treatment, or do I need help?
- How long does the treatment last? What are the risks and side effects?
- Will my hair fall out? Will it grow back?
- What about premature menopause and infertility?
- What should I avoid during treatment? Should I change my diet or lifestyle?